Thursday, March 12, 2009

The waiting sucks...

I wanted to start this process about a year ago but we kept procrastinating.  We finally went in for our consultation and were ready to get the ball rolling. Before we could even read through all the paperwork, my 58 year old father died in September. I didn't feel like doing much of anything after that.  So we put off our prescreening stuff some more.  I had wanted to get started before the end of last year, but because of travel it didn't work out.  I pushed real hard for us to do everything at the start of the year.  Now, it's March. We are almost finished the prescreening process. We have our last test monday, then hopefully some day next week we can find out all our results.  (I've never had a HIV test before - I'm assuming if it were positive that they would have called to have us come in...it kinda sucks not knowing any of the results.)

My husband has quite of bit of travel coming up in the next few months, so I emailed our Donor Nurse to find out when we "might" be able to actual start IVF. I learned that the best case might be the first week of May....Uggh.  I just want to start already.

No comments:

Post a Comment