Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And more waiting...

So I learned today that we are even further away from starting. We now take 5-days of progesterone then 7-10 days after that I have my first period in almost a DECADE. At that point I call the donor nurse.  I may need to go in, I'm not sure, she speaks so fast on the phone.

She then prescribes birth control pills, and I think half way through that cycle, I go in and do the Mock Embryo Transfer...where they do some measurements, so there is no surprises. I was hoping to pick a donor before this, so we can both be doing what we need at the same time, but I guess If I don't "pass" that test, I can't even pick a donor.  Again, once we pick a donor, she will not be ready for egg retrieval for another 42 days. So, a month and half plus another 42 days...we will not be able to have our first IVF procedure for almost 3 more months!!  By then, I'm sure something is going to come up and delay us even more.  At this rate, I may be pregnant by the age of 40!

I wonder if we should be looking into adoption at the same time as going through all of this.  At least if this doesn't work, we shouldn't have to wait much longer to adopt. Does anyone know, is there a waiting list or something with adoption?

Upcoming post...What's important to me, when choosing a donor...as of now, I have no clue. What's important to you?

4 comments:

  1. Yes all the waiting is frustrating but hang in there it goes much quicker than you think.

    I looked at donors for probably 3 months before we were ready to choose one it helped me figure out what I found important. I commented back at you on my blog about what we looked for in a donor. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is the absolute worst part. Give me 12 shots a day - at least I am doing something, ya know?

    With adoption, you have to choose an agency and have a home study and get your docier together. Depending on if you want to adopt domestically or internationally will determine about how long it will take. The wait for China right now is apparently 36 months. Domestically it varies - you basically are just waiting for a birth mother to pick you to be the parents.

    Hang in there - the blog world is an incredible source of support. We are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting does SUCK! I had to wait about 3 months from start of IVF testing to first cycle and it did go much faster than I thought it would. This wonderful world of blogging ladies makes the wait infinitely shorter and better. :) As Tara said, we are here for you! :)

    I have friend who was pursuing adoption while undergoing IVF... I will ask her about her process and let you know.

    Hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I can see why you encouraged me yesterday to get started sooner then later... I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and hope all this waiting passes quickly.

    you have a new follower in me and I'll be waiting and thinking about you in the days and months to come!

    http://minname.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete