Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My road to being a mom has some more speed bumps...but I'm still driving.

So the ulcer I got from the Doxy slowly went away. I can now eat and drink just fine. The following Wednesday I found out that I have gallstones, which explains some other pain I get in my chest that radiates to my back.  I am assuming this came about because of the birth control pills or the estrogen. I did some more testing for the gallbladder, which showed that it was functioning normally, so that is good. All the doctors was recommending me cancel our IVF cycle.  I met with a surgeon on Monday, who said I could go ahead and take the chance. The problem with gallstones is that it may get worse when I get pregnant.  I've learned that I would get the pain when I don't eat until lunch, so I've started eating more frequently and I have been fine. I hope by eating more frequently and avoiding super fatty foods, I can manage the symptoms.

I am happy to know we can go through with the cycle. It's been a lot of effort & time to get to this point. Our donor has given us 10 eggs on Tuesday. She had a total of 30 that were split three ways. Today we have 6 that are growing!! Transfer will be Friday, Sunday or Monday at the latest. I am super excited. I can't wait. Sunday is father's day, kinda a cool day to have a child conceived. It will also take my mind off my first father's day without my father. I've been kinda depressed lately with all the father's day ads. 

Two nights ago, I started the Progesterone in oil. Sucks that I have to take these every day. Plus my hips already feel pretty bruised. :( I can't image taking these shots for over 2 months. Oh, how I wish this was simpler. What happened to the fun part of having sex to get pregnant. I just skipped over that part. My honey is about to go out of town for three days (luckily after transfer), so we have to find someone to help me with the shots. I REALLY don't want to give them to myself.

I hope this cycle takes and we have at least 4 frozen eggs to try for a sibling in a couple of years.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear the update and 10 eggs are great! I really hope you get a 5 day blast and have some to freeze.
    About the PIO shots--I don't know what 'size' you are, but I dialed it down to a 25 gauge (thinner needle) which really helped alot. Anyone of any size can do this, but you will have to push harder to get the oil out. You still pull it up in the 18 gauge though.
    Then, because I am very small, I asked if I could do a 1 inch needle instead of the 1.5 inch.
    I have to do these myself and believe me, with the higher gauge, longer needle I was freaked out and my hip/butt was sore each time for 24-36 hours.
    But now? NO problem and no more pain/soreness.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news about the 10 eggs - that will be great to be able to freeze some.

    With the PIO shots, I started out dealing with the pain, and towards the end I would numb the area with an ice cube, and didn't feel a thing. I had to ask my sister to give them to me when my husband was gone too - I would've had a hard time giving it to myself.

    Good luck - I will be watching for updates :)
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news!!!!!

    I've been doing the PIO shots myself and they don't hurt as bad. It seems like the more outer on your upperouter quadrant the less pain. You can do it- I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind me commenting, I am hoping I can save you
    some grief. If you look on curezone under gallstones you will see a
    gallstone cleanse. I've done it and it does help. My friend had a huge
    gallstone attack and wouldn't let them remove it, did the cleanse and
    has been fine since. You don't have to have it removed.
    Also if you can get someone to massage the PIO shot site for a good
    5 minutes working it in the muscle it will hurt much less over time.
    Good Luck I wish you well !

    ReplyDelete