Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Schedules been made

The tentative schedule is as follows:
Active Birth Control Pills through 5/25 (all four women will sync cycles)
Start Lupron shots on 5/23 (7 shots) I'm trying to get out of this part. It's to prevent ovulation, but I don't ovulate, so I think it's pretty stupid. I also have to give them in my belly, which they never showed us how to do. A call has been placed with the doctor. We'll see how long it takes for him to get back to us.
Blood work & ultrasound 5/30 & 6/9
Egg retrieval estimated on 6/16 * hubby needs to be available this day
Embryo transfer will be either 6/19 or 6/21

It's finally good to know what is going on and when. It really sucked no knowing how long all this stuff takes. Now the problem is my husband is scheduled for travel 6/22 to 6/25. If this tentative schedule is off by one day, he may miss the transfer. I told him I will be heartbroken if he's not there. Does anyone know, is he allowed in the room for transfer anyway? Or will he sit in the waiting area like he has been? I really hope if it comes down to it, that he can miss this very important trip. My fingers are crossed.

So around 50 days to go before the chance to get pregnant. I'll be counting down the days.

7 comments:

  1. Hoping for your cycle. It is nice to have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too exciting!!! My clinic encouraged partners at transfer and at every other appointment. Just ask, I am sure they'll let him in! :)

    If he does have to miss it, you could take a friend or relative, too!

    Very happy that things are moving for you!!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm nervous and excited for you... so great to have a time line finally

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! Your husband can be in the room during the transfer. Make sure to get your bladder really full - I had to wait because mine wasn't :(

    I am on the lupron, too. It sucks. The shots aren't a big deal at all, though.

    Our retrieval will likely be around 6/2 and transfer 6/5 or *hopefully* 6/7....So we are cycle sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are moving along nicely. Dont worry those Lupron shots arent too bad. It takes just a few seconds and after a while it becomes so routine.

    My DH was in the room for the transfer. It was so clinical and took a while because my cervix wouldnt cooperate and my bladder was too full. "Christine, your bladder is too full. You need to go relive yourself a little bit but not too much" OMG!!! I was terrified that I wouldnt be able to stop peeing!! I did just fine and the transfer was done quickly after my potty break. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to say good luck with your cycle. It's always good to see the schedule and know things are moving along. I've been on the Lupron shots for almost a week now and have had no side effects at all, I hope you don't either.
    Sounds like I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you...

    ReplyDelete