Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Match is Complete!

Got an email today that our match is complete. Three couples have selected our donor! We are moving forward. We are the second couple in the set. At first I was a little disappointed because I was hoping to move forward as a 1:2 match.  But looking at the positive...we are moving forward three weeks early.  I thought we would end up as the third couple, because the order is dictated by experience, but we didn't.  We still may get fewer eggs than we would like, but hopefully, we will be less likely to get bumped.  We'll be the 2nd couple to get bumped if not enough eggs are produced. 

My husband is pretty excited. I'm happy about that. He emailed his parents & brother and told them we were moving forward. He's cute. :) He had fun yesterday playing with our friends 2.5 year old little girl. He was super adorable with her. I can't wait til he's a daddy.

In a few days, we learn what the next steps are. I'm excited and scared all at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to following you via your blog as you take this journey!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you can get things going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you know what? having eggs from a second cycle may mean MORE eggs. I had two retrieval cycles in a row, and the first time I got 14, and the second time 25.

    You and the donor will need to sync up your cycles so that, when the eggs are retrieved and fertilized, they can be transferred (probably two at a time) into you on either day 3 or 5, and your lining will be sufficiently plush. I've researched the hell out of it because I want to be a donor. I have to go through IVF myself to get pregnancy (multiple times, then finally a frozen transfer worked), and if I can help someone else, I will. I'm on a registry right now, though inactive for obvious reasoning.

    I believe cycles using donor oocytes have a higher rate of working than using your own anyway as your body wasn't just put through hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in on you to see how things are progressing....

    ReplyDelete