Saturday, July 4, 2009

1st Beta is 515...shots continue!!!

I'm managing the shots much better with a new moist heating pad, so the news that I have to continue my shots was great to hear. I'm officially pregnant!! The next test is Monday, I'm super excited. I've already been to the library and picked up three or four pregnancy books. I'm half way through: "Our bodies, Ourselves - Pregnancy & Birth". I pretty much got up to the birth part and decided to read that part later when I am much further along.

I am wondering what the next steps are. I know that I stay with the fertility people for two months, but when do I find who I see after that and when do I see them? I'm not sure if I want an OB or a midwife - Can I have both? I like some modern technology, but I want to have as natural a childbirth as I can have. I'm also pretty sure I want a doula, at a birthing center or even a home birth. Lots of information is swirling around in my head. I even bought an app on the iPhone to track the pregnancy. Our baby is the size of a sesame seed. :) My husband gets a kick out of that. He had a dream that I gave birth to a hamburger, so he says we are on our way to our baby hamburger. I'm not sure how to figure out how far along I am. According to one way (the 40 week method) it says I'm 5 weeks and one day and my due date is March 5, 2010. It's based off my last period, but is that accurate with IVF? I find it strange that they count the first couple weeks when I am not pregnant & not ovulating (my donor was though). I would have guessed I was a little more than two weeks along since that's how long it has been since transfer. I'm currently: 15 days past my 3-day transfer.

I'm thinking about continuing with the acupuncture throughout the pregnancy. It's nice going and relaxing if nothing else is happening. I'm also thinking about starting a weekly yoga program for pregnant women. I feel like it might be too soon, but a new session is starting in a couple of weeks. I definately need to get into some exercise program, I've done nothing for a few weeks now. I want to be as healthy as I can be. I really can't believe all this is happening to us and on our first try!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!!!!!!

    Yes, you can have an OB and a midwife. Yoga sounds like a great idea!

    The way I figured out my due date was Googled "IVF due date" and it lets you put in your transfer date or retrieval date.

    So happy for you and the sesame seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just found your blog via a comment you left at Bella & her Fella.

    I'm the proud mom of 2 beautiful twins, via DE.

    Congrats on your FANTASTIC beta! What a great number.

    Ditto Carrie above. Most due date calculators will give you an option to put in an ovulation date. This is the same date as the donor's ER. There are calculators that can use the ET as well.

    Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete