Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2nd Trimester...Yeah

I made it to the 2nd trimester!! I was never really sure exactly when it started since different books say different things, but no matter what, I should be in 2nd trimester now. I'm still nauseous and throwing up a bit, but I do think it might be getting better. My weight is still holding at 130, but I suspect that will be short lived. I'm excited to be close to showing and being able to feel the baby kick - I so can't wait.

We had our Nuchal Scan last week and everything turned out great. We got to see our little one again and that was a treat. It was moving quite a bit and even turned upside down on us. The Down Syndrome odds are 1 in 10,000+ and whatever is worse than Downs has the same odds. That was a relief. I shouldn't have been worrying, but now I have peace of mind.

I'm turning 35 in 11 days! I can't believe I'll be 35 when I have this baby. My goal was to have my first child at 25...I'm 10 years off! That is so crazy to me. Oh well, I'm in a better place now and I have the man of my dreams. Not to mention, I got to do a ton of traveling in the last 10 years. :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy for you!
    -Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read this update! Congrats on being in the 2nd trimester now! I too planned to have a baby by 25 but now I'll be at least 34 when I have my first...I agree, I'm in a much better place now in my 30s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, congratulations. I can't wait to be in the second trimester, one day feels like a lifetime at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to making it to your Second Trimester! feels like such a Goal well reached!
    I also just got into my second trimester and went through IVF to achieve my pregnancy. We achieved a pregnancy of triplets but 1 lost a heartbeat so now we are having twins!! I'm Glad I came across Your Blog today :) New pregnant buddy I suppose!! I am also 35 y/o.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congrats! I am 7 weeks along in my IVF pregnancy and have my first ultrasound tomorrow to find out if we're having one or two. I also did acupuncture and am convinced it made all the difference this round. I am continuing acupuncture throughout the first trimester.

    All the best to you, and thanks for writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations.
    I hope it must be a nice experience of having a test tube baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used donor eggs and gave birth to wonderful boy last year! I have no regrets at all! At first I had some doubts. I was nervous so much. I know how it feels… All that waiting just driving you crazy. I was looking at other women, who have already became mothers. I was so jealous, I thought maybe I've done something bad? Maybe I just don't deserve to get what I want? Yes, it's hard, because it's not our fault we can't conceive naturally. But still we should be grateful for such chance to have this procedure and become mothers! The greatest fear was that I will not be able to love child, who is not genetically related to me. It's much more easier for man to accept this procedure, because a baby will be from him. As it was my only way out, I decided we should try. It was a difficult, but the result changed our lives! After a couple of months of thorough search, reading of hundreds reviews and contacting clinics directly we've found Ukrainian biotexcom. I wanted a baby who I will carry and give birth by myself. I wanted to be with him from the moment of his birth, from his first breath. Of course, I wanted baby to look like us. But as soon as the doctor made an embryo transfer, the only thing I was thinking about was pregnancy to be successful and my baby to be born healthy! Now I have absolutely no feeling that my son is not mine genetically! No one can ever tell he is from donor egg. We decided not to tell our parents the whole truth. For them we had ivf with my eggs and my husband's sperm. If you have firmly decided to become a mother, no difficulties will stop you. I'm not going to tell my son that I used donor egg of another woman to get pregnant. I'm sure he doesn't need to worry about this in the future. This fact will change nothing for him. We are very happy that we addressed to biotexcom for this procedures. Thanks to their doctors I was able to get pregnant using egg donation program. I've never regret about my decision!

    ReplyDelete